Sports Physical Exams Clinic in Georgetown, TX
Our doctors and medical professionals at Rebuil-T Healthcare, provide comprehensive sports physical examinations. Call us for more information or book an appointment online. Visit us at 4841 Williams Dr. Ste 103 Georgetown, TX 78633.
Table of Contents:
What happens during a sports physical?
What are the advantages of a sport physical?
How to prepare for a sports physical?
Do you offer sports physical exams in Georgetown, TX?
It’s common for kids and adults to need a physical exam for school or to join a sports team. We provide these physicals here at Rebuil-T Healthcare. Come see us today for a quick, convenient sports physical exam in Georgetown, TX!
Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect during sports physical with Rebuil-T Healthcare. We’ll check:
• Vital signs (heart rate, weight, and blood pressure)
• General health (eye, ear, nose, heart, lung, and skin health)
• Speech and motor functions
• Family health history and personal health history for any recurring health issues or risks
• Vaccination history and suggest any important vaccinations
• With a sports physical, we’ll also check physical strength, reflexes, and agility
Sports physicals ensure that an athlete can participate in their chosen sport safely, as required by the state or sports organization. Even if they are not required, sports physical exams help to keep vaccinations up to date and provide an opportunity to discuss any concerns.
The primary advantages of getting a sports physical before participating are as follows:
Evaluating general health can help you address potential health issues ahead of time. Reviewing the medical history and immunization record, as well as performing a routine physical exam, can help avoid problems that may prevent participation in a chosen sport or season. It enables addressing issues such as immunization gaps.
The medical history review includes any medical conditions that run in the family, such as diabetes, as well as illnesses like asthma.
Your provider can check on the situation and recommend medication or other treatments. Even if you have not experienced symptoms for an extended period of time, a history of asthma, for example, may preclude eligibility. Carry an inhaler as a solution as this will allow team members to be prepared in case the player has an unexpected asthma episode and needs to use it.
Allergies and injuries, both pre-existing and current, must be evaluated. Adult sports injuries can range from minor ankle sprains and repetitive motion strains to more serious conditions such as concussion and heat stroke. This screening will identify potential health issues so that they do not worsen and cause unnecessary pain, injury, or re-injury.
Get helpful training advice. If you’re going to a sports camp or game, your provider may offer some training tips and ideas for avoiding injuries during the event.
Specific requirements may differ depending on the sport’s organizers or governing body. Please gather the following medical information for your examination:
• Relevant medical and health history, including allergies, current medications, and existing medical conditions
• Name and contact information for your primary care provider
• Participants with a history of a heart condition or cardiac event must provide a statement from their primary care physician or treating provider stating that they have evaluated the condition and that it does not preclude the athlete from participating.
Yes, we do! Rebuil-T Healthcare offers sports physicals in Georgetown TX and surrounding areas. You can call us or book an appointment online. You can visit us at 4841 Williams Dr. Ste 103 Georgetown, TX 78633. We serve patients from Georgetown TX, Leander TX, Round Rock TX, Jonah TX, and Austin TX.