Low T Treatment Specialist in Georgetown, TX
Low testosterone levels are quite common, especially in men who are over the age of 35 and older. If you are noticing signs and symptoms of low testosterone, contact us to book an appointment for diagnosis and treatment. For more information, call us today or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 4841 Williams Dr Ste 103 Georgetown, TX 78633.
Table of Contents:
What is the main cause of low testosterone?
What does low testosterone do to a man?
What happens if low T is not treated?
How can TRT help me with low T?
Low testosterone in men is quite common, and as they age, the amount of testosterone within their bodies begins to decrease gradually. On average, we have noticed that men’s testosterone begins to decline after the age of 30 and continues for the rest of their life.
Aging is not the only cause of low testosterone, even if it is the main cause of low testosterone, other causes are:
• Injury to the testicles
• Infection to the testicles
• Metabolic disorder
• Dysfunction and/or tumors of the hypophysis
• Medications (medications including hormones used within prostate cancer treatments, steroids, and opioids)
• Chronic or acute illness
• Alcohol abuse
• Cirrhosis of the liver
• Chronic kidney failure
• Inflammation of the lungs and organs
• Kallman syndrome
• Klinefelter syndrome
• High levels of prolactin
• Obese or overweight
• Uncontrolled Type 2 diabetes
• Congenital defect
• Sleep apnea
• Excess estrogen
• Pubertal delay
• Head trauma
• Radiation exposure or previous brain surgery
Testosterone provides sex hormones that may be affected and showcase negative symptoms some of which include reduced bone mass, reduced sex drive, and erectile dysfunction. If you begin to notice signs or symptoms of low testosterone, contact our clinic Rebuil-T Healthcare for a diagnosis and treatment appointment. Long-term neglect will lead to symptoms that can worsen over time. Many other signs and symptoms of low testosterone that you should be aware of include:
• Issues with your erection
• Hair loss
• Decreased bone mass
• Decreased testicle size
• Decreased production of semen
• Issues sleeping
• Reduced sex drive
• Decreased muscle mass
• Hot flashes
• Reduced energy levels
• Body fat increase
• Changes with your mood or mood swings
Low testosterone may not showcase signs or symptoms, many may only learn about low testosterone after a routine checkup and physical with bloodwork. The physician will diagnose the patient with low testosterone by performing a physical exam and reviewing any symptoms the patient may have. Our physicians may also request particular tests to be completed to look for additional signs of low testosterone.
Low testosterone can have major impacts on your health if it is left and not treated. While the main effects are low libido and erectile dysfunction, other health impacts that can occur include:
• Increased weight
• Low energy levels that you are not used to
• Body fat increases and reduced muscle mass
• Issues concentrating
Testosterone replacement therapy can help with low testosterone within patients by providing different treatment methods including:
• Intramuscular injections – Intramuscular injections will be injected directly into the muscle on average every 10 to 14 days
• Testosterone patches – testosterone patches are applied every day to various areas of the body which may include the buttocks, back, arms, and abdomen.
• Testosterone gels – testosterone gels are applied directly to the skin on the upper back and arms, the gels need extra care to make sure the hormone is not accidentally transferred to another person or partner.
• Pellets – pellets are directly implanted underneath the skin once every two months.
Testosterone replacement therapy can also provide many potential benefits to our patients:
• Boys that have not reached the level of puberty, will see benefits from testosterone replacement therapy to avoid any problems that are related to delayed puberty
• Reduction of body fat
• Increased bone density as well as protection against osteoporosis
• Improved mood and sense of well-being
• Increased sexual function
• Increased mental sharpness
• Improved muscle mass and physical performance
If you are interested in low T treatment, contact Rebuil-T Healthcare. For more information, call us today or book an appointment online, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 4841 Williams Dr Ste 103 Georgetown, TX 78633. We serve patients from Georgetown TX, Leander TX, Round Rock TX, Jonah TX, and Austin TX.