Testosterone Testing Clinic in Georgetown, TX
If you notice any unusual symptoms, such as hair loss, weight loss, or acne, get your testosterone levels checked today at Rebuil-T Healthcare. We offer testosterone testing for men. For more information, call us today or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 4841 Williams Dr Ste 103 Georgetown, TX 78633.
Table of Contents:
A hormone testing clinic is a place where patients can go to determine the current levels of hormones in their body through a number of different tests, such as blood work. These medical facilities often specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of hormone-related disorders, including hypogonadism, also known as testosterone deficiency or low-T. Hormone testing is an important part of medical care, and its pertinence increases with age. If a hormonal imbalance is detected, the medical professionals on-site can recommend various treatments and develop a plan to ameliorate the condition and its symptoms.
To determine the levels of male hormones, a number of different tests can be used to establish a diagnosis, including:
• Blood tests
• Physical examination
• MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
• Thyroid scan
• Sperm count test
The signs of low testosterone include:
• Low Sex Drive — Libido (sex drive) is closely linked with testosterone levels; a decrease in one often indicates a decrease in the other.
• Difficulty with Erection — Difficulty attaining or maintaining an erection, medically known as impotence, is often caused by reduced levels of androgen testosterone, which plays a role in sex drive and sexual performance.
• Low Semen Volume — Testosterone is known as a sex hormone because of its role in various sexual functions, including the production of semen.
• Hair Loss — Hair production is also closely linked to how much testosterone is in the body; while balding is a natural part of aging for some men, it could also indicate lowered levels of testosterone.
• Fatigue — Men with low testosterone levels often report extreme fatigue, lethargy, and low energy levels, which can make it hard to find the motivation to exercise or take part in other activities.
• Loss of Muscle Mass — Due to the role testosterone plays in building muscle, lowered levels of this hormone can result in a decrease in muscle mass, however it may not affect strength or function.
• Increased Body Fat — Low levels of testosterone can also cause men to experience an increase in body fat, particularly in the chest, a condition known as gynecomastia.
• Decreased Bone Mass — Testosterone helps produce and strengthen bones, so if men have a lowered level of this hormone, they can experience osteoporosis or the thinning of bone mass.
• Mood Changes — Mood and emotional disposition is directly linked with testosterone; when levels become imbalanced, it can cause emotional disturbances, including irritability, depression, and anxiety.
The signs of high testosterone include:
• Blood pressure changes
• Sexual health problems, including:
• Erectile dysfunction (ED)
• Low libido
• Lower than normal sperm count
• Excessive body hair growth
• Male pattern baldness
• Mood changes, including irritability, anxiety, or depression
• Chest pain
• Difficulty breathing
• Slurred or difficult speech
• Lower levels of HDL (“good”) cholesterol
• Hand or leg swelling (peripheral edema)
• Abnormal prostate gland growth
• Sleep apnea or other sleep disorders
• Deep vein thrombosis
• Pulmonary embolism
If a man is experiencing the signs and symptoms of andropause—the male equivalent of menopause—it is important for them to have their hormone levels tested. These signs and symptoms include:
• Erectile dysfunction
• Adrenal fatigue
• Gynecomastia (enlargement of male breasts)
• Low libido (reduced sex drive)
• Hair loss (both facial and body hair)
• Low energy
• Weight gain
• Decreased muscle strength and mass
• Heart palpitations
• Memory loss
If a man is experiencing any of the aforementioned symptoms and they are not associated with another medical condition, it is imperative to have their hormone levels checked as soon as possible. If you are experiencing signs or symptoms associated with a hormonal imbalance, particularly those associated with low testosterone, come to Rebuil-T Healthcare for a professional evaluation. We look forward to serving you! For more information, call us today or book an appointment online with a hormone testing specialist for men, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 4841 Williams Dr Ste 103 Georgetown, TX 78633. We serve patients from Georgetown TX, Leander TX, Round Rock TX, Jonah TX, and Austin TX.