Hormone Replacement Therapy Specialist for Men in Georgetown, TX
If you are dealing with a hormonal deficiency or imbalance, visit Rebuil-T Healthcare today! We offer hormone replacement therapy for men in Georgetown TX, and surrounding areas. For more information, call us today or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 4841 Williams Dr Ste 103 Georgetown, TX 78633.
Table of Contents:
What does hormone replacement therapy do for men?
What kind of hormone therapies are there for men?
What are the benefits of hormone replacement therapy for men?
Who is a good candidate for hormone replacement therapy?
Are there any potential side effects of hormone replacement therapy for men?
Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is a way of replacing hormones our bodies no longer produce. HRT can be used to treat the symptoms of various conditions, such as fatigue or lack of mental clarity, or to improve bone health and reduce the risks of conditions such as heart disease and osteoporosis. HRT usually involves androgens, such as testosterone, but it can also include a range of different types of hormones, including thyroxine or HGH. HRT can also be used to reduce the symptoms of andropause, colloquially known as male menopause, which is caused by a reduction in testosterone.
With age, the body’s production of hormones naturally decreases, including testosterone; therefore, hormone therapy does not actually replace the hormones, but rather supplements them in order to reduce the symptoms that occur from a hormonal imbalance.
Testosterone is required for:
• Male sexual development
• Reproductive function
• Building muscle bulk
• Maintaining healthy levels of red blood cells
• Maintaining bone density
Therefore, hormone replacement therapy for testosterone enhances these physiological functions and health effects, providing a sense of better overall health and happiness.
Some men with unnaturally low levels of testosterone can benefit from hormone therapy, a condition known as hypogonadism. Hypogonadism causes unnaturally low testosterone levels; it is a dysfunction of the testicles (male gonads) that prevents the body from producing sufficient amounts of testosterone.
There are several options of hormone therapies available for men, including:
• Intramuscular Testosterone Injections — IM testosterone injections are administered every two to three weeks, typically into the muscles of the buttocks.
• Testosterone Patches — Testosterone patches are applied each day, typically in a rotation of the back, arms, buttocks, and abdomen.
• Topical Testosterone Gel — The gel version of testosterone therapy is applied every day, typically to the shoulders, arms, or abdomen.
Hormone replacement therapy can provide a long list of incredible benefits for men; the most well-known hormone replacement therapy for men focuses on regulating levels of testosterone to enable normal functioning of both biological and physiological systems. The most common condition treated with hormone replacement therapy in men is testosterone deficiency, or unnaturally low testosterone levels, and is most often used when other conventional treatment methods have not produced viable results. The benefits of HRT for men include:
• Improves energy levels
• Boosts libido
• Reduces fatigue
• Increases bone density
• Improves sex drive
• Increases facial and body hair production
• Stimulates red blood cell production
• Encourages muscle growth and improves workouts
Good candidates for hormone replacement therapy are:
• Men experiencing symptoms of testosterone deficiency, including:
• Difficulty Sleeping
• Fluctuating Weight
• Mood Swings
• Difficulty Concentrating
• Changes In Sex Drive
• Men who have not experienced promising results from alternative treatments, including dietary changes
• Men going through andropause
• Men in otherwise good health
• Men without chronic health conditions
While hormone replacement therapy is an effective treatment, like all other medical treatments, it does come with certain potential risks and side effects, such as:
• Increased fluid retention
• Increased urination
• Breast enlargement
• Decreased testicle size
• High cholesterol
• Infertility or decreased sperm count
• Increased number of red blood cells
If you are experiencing the signs and symptoms of low-T, come to Rebuil-T Healthcare for professional care. Call us today to book an appointment with our hormone replacement therapy specialist for men, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 4841 Williams Drive, Suite 103, Georgetown, TX 78633. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from Georgetown TX, Leander TX, Round Rock TX, Jonah TX, and Austin TX.